Head, Direct Sales
One of the nation’s largest providers of personal lines of insurance.
This position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
The Head of Direct Sales will provide strategic direction and executive leadership within the Chief Marketing Organization through effective planning and oversight of the Direct Sales Center. This executive will participate in the strategic planning and leadership of the CMO division. Responsible for the oversight of approximately 150 employees across multiple direct sales centers located in multiple states. More specifically, responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop the vision, execute and evaluate new and creative strategies and action plans that will lead and grow the direct sales channel, while successfully delivering on P&L commitments.
- Provide direct sales perspective in the development and implementation of business plans, service level agreements, policies and procedures that conform to the company’s business objectives for delivering Insurance sales.
- Maintain an awareness of the changing dynamics of the market, and develop strategies to reach, maintain and/or exceed area’s revenue targets.
- Lead and manage business change initiatives, vision and value definitions that have a direct impact of customer service or front line efficiencies (revenue/expenses) and all profitability.
- Work closely with Regional Business Directors, Product Management, Contact Centers & DSC management to maximize revenue potential and growth.
- Integrate quality management into all sales and recruiting processes.
- Provide leadership to DSC staff with a focus on motivational and employee-based efforts directed towards turnover, performance management, recruitment, salary administration, and coaching/mentoring and leverage training and talent management to sell into multi-state markets.
- Incorporate technology advances while driving operational expense efficiencies.
- Develop partnerships with critical business units and divisions to enhance understanding of and assist in development of strategic business solutions to current and projected opportunity areas.
- Represent the CMO in a variety of cross-functional project assignments.
- Create a work environment that encourages feedback and continuous process improvement, resulting in a positive impact on employee and member satisfaction while ensuring that service is paramount in all member contacts.
Qualified candidates must have the following:
- 10 plus years of broad business background and sales management experience. Depth of experience in Insurance is preferred.
- At least 5 years leading a best-in-class direct sales team of at least 75 and driving efficiencies within a contact center environment, which functions as part of an integrated branded solution.
- Experience managing a P&L of at least $40 million.
- Prior experience playing a key leadership role in the substantial growth the telesales channel, including building out the telesales team and strategy to meet metrics and align with an organization’s vision.
- Results and data driven, continuously benchmarking and utilizing data and metrics (e.g., service level, answer rates, call quality, volume, cost per call, agent utilization, and customer satisfaction) to achieve best-in-class results and business goals.
- Has built or evolved a direct sales function to deliver increased revenues and has grown top line revenues for a business by 10% a year.
- Possesses a hands-on approach, with a demonstrated track record of mentoring and developing employees.
- Significant experience leading through influence in a high growth environment. Track-record of serving as a strategic thought partner to executive leadership.
- Prior experience working in a collaborative matrix environment, with history of gaining followership all levels within the organization.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree is preferred.
The selected candidate will receive an attractive compensation package which will be commensurate with experience, and will include a base salary and annual incentive bonuses. A comprehensive range of benefits and relocation package is included.
Please click here to submit resume.